Now that I have a few months under my belt, I am finding a good routine for operating the business. While it has taken some time to learn all of the ins and outs, I feel very confident in how things are working at this point. So I thought I'd give you a little inside look at how I run things and what you can expect going forward!
1) Blog posts - While I haven't been good at this recently, my plan is to publish a post each Friday. These will range from highlighting different products to tips for hair and skincare to transracial adoptive parenting and more.
2) Order filling - I typically work every (business) day while my kids are napping and after they're in bed for the night if needed. Orders are processed and shipped usually by the following business day. My goal is to have all current orders on my porch for the mail carrier each afternoon. Weekends are the exception as we are usually spending fun time together as a family.
3) Emails - I am generally quick to respond to emails and Facebook messages. I spend a lot of my time in the car waiting to pick kids up from school or activities or at the gym exercising :-). This time is often spent answering emails.
4) Stock - It took me some time to build up my stock as I began running the business. But at this point, we are fully stocked with the exception of Aloe Lotion (it's on backorder). My plan is to keep Africa Sleeps as fully stocked as possible so that you have access to all of your favorite products!
5) Samples - There are Tiny Tries listed on my website. In addition to the ones listed, I'm happy to work with you to get you a sample of what you want. If you would like to try something or a particular scent, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or select the "custom" option and let me know what you'd like. I will do my best to accommodate you!
6) Reviews - My customers are my very best advertisement. I know how lovely Africa Sleeps' products are and how wonderful they have been for my kids' hair. But it means so much more coming from you! Please review products that you love and use regularly. It helps others know what to buy and how to use it. And each reviewer is given a special gift from me :-).
7) Feedback - As a new business owner, I greatly appreciate feedback. Please let me know what you like, don't like, or what I could be doing better. If there's something you'd like to see, let me know. I take all suggestions into consideration and appreciate the feedback!
8) Newsletters - I aim to send out a newsletter monthly in the first week of the month. The newsletters generally contain information about new products or seasonal hair and skincare. Additionally, they always contain a coupon for that month! If you're not signed up for our newsletter, please do so!
I have loved serving all of my customers and their families. It is a true joy to share my passion for natural hair and skincare with others. Africa Sleeps has been a huge blessing to our family and we have all of our delightful customers to thank for that!